Thursday, March 20, 2008

WCHA Final Five

It's officially the start of one of my favorite hockey tournaments of the entire year: the WCHA Final Five!! The Minnesota Golden Gophers aren't predicted to do well, in fact they're playing tonight (Thursday), which is rare. But we've been busy worker bees all day here at Ticket King, both in our St. Paul and Minneapolis offices, and there is definitely a buzz around the Xcel Energy Center. There always is when the Gophers are playing here! I feel bad for the team, though, they've had a hard year. With Okposo leaving mid-season to turn pro, and the incident last weekend in Mankato, which ended with one of the Gopher players suffering a severe head injury, having to be airlifted to the Mayo Clinic and having emergency surgery. But best of luck to them tonight, I have to root for the home town team despite all the people from St. Cloud down here for the game. (My dad went to the U, so it's kind of a family tradition...) I'm sure I'll be updating as the tourney goes on, peace out!

No comments: