Saturday, March 8, 2008

High School Hockey, Continued

Well, we are on day four, the final day of the MSHSL High School Hockey Tournament. It's crazy how busy it's been down here, and everyone is super excited for all of the games, even if their team didn't make it all the way to the end. I am happy to report that my favorite high school hockey team, St. Thomas Academy, won the state single 'A' tournament. And Edina has taken the double 'A' tourney by storm, I could not believe how many people were down here from Edina for the games, they really have a lot of school/team spirit not only within their school, but throughout their entire community! I happened to be passing by the Edina football team's car wash fundraiser by Southdale late last summer, and talked with some of the parents while the players were washing my car, and they really have a lot of dedication to not only being a great team, but also having a lot of fun doing what they do. I was impressed. I'm pretty sure they're the top seed for the AA tournament, but they're going to have quite a bit of competition from underdog school Hill-Murray. Anyway, as much as I love this MSHSL high school hockey tournament, I do have to say that I'm ready for it to be done. Congrats to all the players who participated!

No comments: