Thursday, May 1, 2008

Minnesota Twins

I just got off the phone with my Milwaukee office - and apparently, the Milwaukee Brewers lost last night to the Chicago Cubs 19-5. The Chicago Cubs scored NINETEEN runs. That is just unbelievable to me! How does that happen, the Milwaukee Brewers are a good team, and even if the Chicago Cubs are better, there is no possible way that they are THAT much better! I'm so confused. Oddly enough, our Minnesota Twins have been playing the other Chicago team this week - the Chicago White Sox. And we've actually been winning. Now, I don't know a whole lot about baseball, but I do know that it's a really good thing when we beat another team in our division. And yes, it is really early in the year, the MLB season doesn't really pick up until after school gets out for the kiddies - aka when it's actually warm in Minnesota. Speaking of being warm, I had another person - my mom, actually - tell me that they think it's going to be a cool summer. Noooooooooo! After the winter we had, all of us at Ticket King St. Paul are anxiously awaiting a very warm summer!

Anyway, I'm getting off track. Back to the Minnesota Twins. I got an email the other day from the Minnesota Twins. Apparently they're having some trouble selling seats to these early games. So for the last two games, they offered "All You Can Eat" seats for an additional, oh, like $15 or something. Seriously? When did a Minnesota Twins game suddenly become a buffet? Yes, having popcorn or peanuts or a Dome dog are part of the experience, I get that! But who is really going to eat, oh, say, three Dome dogs, two bags of peanuts, cotton candy, mini-donuts, and who knows what else. It makes my tummy hurt just thinking about it. Plus, being the seat snob that I am (it comes with the territory), I would much rather pay that money towards better seats. Seriously, we at Ticket King St. Paul have lower level tickets for these games for less than these strange buffet upper level tickets. So you could honestly buy a ticket from Ticket King, get a Dome dog and a soda when you get there, and end up paying less and not gorging yourself on the super fancy "buffet" at the Dome. Just a thought.

No comments: