Monday, April 14, 2008

Public Speaking 101

Today was quite a day at Ticket King St. Paul. The Minnesota Wild are in the playoffs, granted they play away tonight, and the official Minnesota Vikings 2008-09 schedule was released. Ok, and before I go any further, I just want to add that it feels REALLY weird to say "2009". Like back in the day in, say, 1998 (freshman year of high school for me, wow), the years of 2005 and beyond just seemed like a distant mark in the future. Yet, here we are, suddenly making plans for the 2008-09 sporting season.

Anyway, today I went to speak to the Surety group, they are an organization that works with construction bonding for construction companies doing big projects in the Twin Cities. Super nice group of people. And I really don't have a problem talking to groups of people about what we do, but the whole everyone-is-staring-at-you part of public speaking is something that I have never gotten the hang of and it makes me super uncomfortable. But, I made it through (obviously, as I am writing this blog post) and it's done with. I think because I don't have to give speeches very often that when I do actually have to go talk to a larger group, I revert back to my old high school speech class, where I never felt quite right standing in front of thirty classmates and the intimidating Ms. Wycoff. Good thing we don't have to give very many of those down here at Ticket King St. Paul!

Well, the week can only get better. Our Minnesota Wild play tonight and tomorrow night against the Colorado Avalanche in Denver, then at home on Thursday night at the Xcel Energy Center. Then on Sunday, Carlos Santana will be playing at the Xcel Energy Center. And The Mars Volta will be playing at Roy Wilkins on Monday night, and if our Minnesota Wild make it to game seven in the Western Conference Quarterfinals, that will be taking place next Monday night as well.

Call me if you're looking for Minnesota Wild playoff tickets!!!

No comments: