Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Minnesota Wild vs. Calgary Flames

Tomorrow night the Minnesota Wild take on the Calgary Flames at the Xcel Energy Center in the last Minnesota Wild regular season home game of the season. It's a game that could determine the winner of the Northwest Division, and I have to say that this game seems to be the biggest game of the year - it's even a hotter ticket than when Sidney Crosby came to town with the Pittsburgh Penguins. It's also "Fan Celebration Night" according to my official Minnesota Wild calendar, so maybe that's playing into it, as well. I'm not really sure what a "Fan Appreciation Night" consists of, there really haven't been any super good giveaways at the games this year, so my guess is that there will be some kind of fan tribute video that will be played during one of the intermission breaks featuring season ticket holders at the games throughout the season, and maybe some sort of "superfan" that they'll honor on the ice, and they'll conclude all of this by saying, "To the team of 18,000, the greatest NHL hockey fans in the world!" or something similar. But probably no giveaway.

I'm all about the free giveaway, by the way. I think most girls are. I have a hard time resisting making a purchase when there is a free gift with purchase, and it's such a gimic because really, do I need another {adorable} Clinique cosmetics bag that's probably just going to end up with the drawer full I already have at home? Probably not, but it's just so cute, plus you get free samples! People try to work the freebie aspect when they come into Ticket King St. Paul. We have some really cool memorabilia here - some we've had at Ticket King for a while, some is stuff that I brought in from my house. So when some guys come in here, they think they should be getting some free memorabilia because they've spent x amount on tickets. I just titter away, I never really know how to respond to that request. So, jumping to another topic...that being - what's going on this weekend!

April 3rd: Minnesota Wild vs. Calgary Flames
April 3rd: Minnesota Twins vs. Anaheim Angels
April 3rd-5th: Jersey Boys
April 4th-5th: Doodlebops
April 4th-6th: Minnesota Twins vs. Kansas City Royals
April 5th-6th: High School Musical
Apriil 6th: Minnesota Timberwolves vs. Memphis Grizzlies

No comments: