Thursday, July 3, 2008

US Open Story

Although we've only been at the Ticket King St. Paul location for about a year, our company has been around for almost twenty years - the last three of which I spent in our Hudson, Wisconsin location. Because we've been around for so long, we have some very long time customers that email me their sports/concert/theater stories every once in a while. I received a very neat email earlier this week about a Ticket King St. Paul customer's experience at the Women's US Open last week that I thought I would share with all of you bloggers!
I was at the U.S. Women's Open on Wed., Thurs. and Sunday. I
took my nephew Sunday and we set up by the 11th/18th tee boxes for the first 4
hours and got to see all but the first five groups play there. Then, we headed
over to where the 12 and 17 tee boxes are. Got to see the rest of the groups, so
so saw all 74 golfers play at least one hold. After Annika teed off on 17, we
headed over to the 18 fairway to watch her play the final hole of any Womne's
Open (U.S.). It was so crowded that we set up at a spot about 200 yards short of
the green. So, as she was getting ready to hit her third shot to the par 5
green, we were directly behind her, probably about 30 yards away. So, Taylor and
i got to witness some history --- seeing her make the 199 yard 6 iron to get an
eagle on her last hole of any US Open. We are searching the videos and photos to
see if we can find ourselves in the background.
Great story, Pryce!! If any of our other Ticket King St. Paul customers have their own stories to tell, email them to me! I'm out for the rest of the long weekend, have a safe and happy Fourth of July!

No comments: